Australia Day Events in Noosa
Noosa is sure going to be busy on Australia Day.
The perfect time for a quick break, or maybe an extended holiday visit before embracing the working year ahead.
We’ve listed just some of the events that are happening and whether you’re a yachtie, a social drinker (aren’t we all?) or party enthusiast, there is bound to be something to enjoy on Australia Day in Noosa this year.
Noosa Beach on the Sunshine Coast
- Noosa Yacht & Rowing Club, Gympie Terrace, Noosaville has live music with Michelle Brown from 2:30pm
- Apollonian Hotel, Boreen Point has a spit roast and jazz with John Withers All Strung Out Jazz 5+. The wood-fired spit-roast is prepared in the rustic bush kitchen. Bookings essential.
- Cafe Le Monde, 64 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads, has live music with Band Of Frquencies and Jahzen.
- Australia Day Awards and family fun, Noosaville Lions Park, Gympie Terrace, Noosaville. There will be plenty of Aussie fun for all the family at the Noosa Australia Day celebrations in Noosaville. The event is presented by Tewantin Noosa Lions Club and Rotary Club of Noosa. The Australia Day Noosa Local Legends awards will be presented, celebrating the outstanding achievements of individuals and groups in the region.
- Eumundi Live facebook.com/EumundiLive. 1-5:30pm at Eumundi Amphitheatre, Memorial Drive, Eumundi. All-ages music festival in Eumundi Amphitheatre, with a feast of pop, funk, dance and rock. Headlining are The John Steel Singers, along with The Dawn Chorus, Barry Charles and the Deeper Beat, and Tea Society. There’s a KidZone and food and drinks available. Profits go to local charities Sunshine Coast Hospice, Wildlife Rehabilitation
Centre and Riding for the Disabled. Advance purchase tickets: Adult $22; concession $12, kids under 12 free; discounts for Friends of Eumundi Live – see eumundilive.com.au or at Berkelouw Books Eumundi. Tickets at the gate $28.
- Beach Party at Sunshine Beach SLSC sunshinebeachslsc.com.au at Noosaville Lions Park, Gympie Terrace, Noosaville. It’s an Australia Day Beach
Party at Sunshine Beach Surf Life Saving Club with Aussie giveaways, $15 giant Aussie burgers and listen to the Triple J Hottest 100 on the deck.
- Bump on the Beach firstname.lastname@example.org at Noosa Spit, 2-9pm. A day of sun, sand, sports, good friends, cold drinks, and of course Big BUMPY HOUSE BEATS and other SPECIAL MUSICAL TREATS.
Discover one of Noosas best kept secrets, The Hastings Beach Houses.
With your own two bedroom free standing “Beach House” you can live like a local. All the Beach Houses are individually furnished, air conditioned and fully self contained. All have fully equipped kitchens, they also featuring spacious living and dining areas opening onto your own private balcony. So for the weekend of Australia Day, make it special by booking your accommodation with us.